67th Annual Golden Mike Awards®
August 10, 2016
To: Radio and Television News Directors, Managers, Producers, Reporters, Writers, and Videographers
Re: 67th Annual Golden Mike Awards® Contest
The Golden Mike Awards® are just around the corner, so get your best work ready to submit for RTNA’s 67th annual awards contest. Although we did not make any major changes this year,please read the entire Rules carefully!
Reminders for this Year:
- DVDs and audio-format Compact Discs will no longer be accepted.
- All radio and TV entry materials must be submitted on a self-hosted website.
- An Official Cover Letter has been provided to reduce and simplify paperwork.
- Entry Forms submitted on-line no longer need to be printed and included with the Official Cover Letter.
- The Rule 1.5 Affirmation is incorporated into the Official Cover Letter and no longer needs to be printed and signed separately.
Key Things to Remember:
- Designated News Week is Monday, September 19 through Friday, September 23, 2016
- Entry Deadline is Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- For all entries now submitted on the internet, please do not include any audio/video pre-roll material that plays prior to the entry material, if possible.
- BEST SPORTS SEGMENT, BEST WEATHER SEGMENT, and BEST TRAFFIC REPORT for TV can be submitted from a regularly-scheduled newscast aired on any day in the contest period, not only from the Designated News Day.
- BEST SPORTS SEGMENT and BEST TRAFFIC REPORT for radio can be submitted from a regularly-scheduled newscast aired on any day in the contest period, not only the Designated News Day.
- If you don't enter, you can't win; so make sure your best work has a chance to be recognized by Southern California's most prestigious broadcast journalism prize, the Golden Mike Awards®!
If you have any questions, please call Ernie Castelo, Golden Mike Awards® Administrator, at 949-278-8349.
Best of luck in this year’s Golden Mikes Contest, and see you on the awards platform in January!
Very truly yours,