65th Annual Golden Mike Awards®
August 11, 2014
To: Radio and Television News Directors, Managers, Producers, Reporters, Writers, and Videographers
Re: 65th Annual Golden Mike Awards® Contest
The Golden Mike Awards® are just around the corner, so get your best work ready to submit for RTNA’s 65th annual awards contest. We've made some changes again this year, so please read the entire Rules carefully!
Major Changes this Year:
- Fresno County has been added to the Contest Area so now the News Departments of stations licensed, and cable companies franchised in Fresno County are eligible for the competition.
- Radio stations may now enter both BEST NEWSCAST categories instead of only one.
Key Things to Remember:
- Designated News Week is Monday, September 15 through Friday, September 19, 2014
- Entry Deadline is Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- For entries submitted on the internet, please do not include any audio/video pre-roll material that plays prior to the entry material, if possible.
- BEST SPORTS SEGMENT, BEST WEATHER SEGMENT, and BEST TRAFFIC REPORT for TV can be submitted from a regularly-scheduled newscast aired on any day in the contest period, not only from the Designated News Day.
- BEST SPORTS SEGMENT and BEST TRAFFIC REPORT for radio can be submitted from a regularly-scheduled newscast aired on any day in the contest period, not only the Designated News Day.
- If you don't enter, you can't win; so make sure your best work has a chance to be recognized by Southern California's most prestigious broadcast journalism prize, the Golden Mike Awards®!
If you have any questions, please call Rick Terrell, Golden Mike Awards® Coordinator, at 562-987-4545.
Best of luck in this year’s Golden Mikes Contest, and see you on the awards platform in January!
Very truly yours,