Image from the 67th Golden Mike Awards® Dinner...
RTNA Mission StatementThe Radio & Television News Association of Southern California (RTNA) is a non-profit organization of professional broadcast journalists dedicated to:
- Protecting the public's right-to-know and First Amendment rights of a free press through our advocacy efforts with government;
- Facilitating effective and unobtrusive media coverage of important news events through our efforts co-ordinating pool cameras;
- Promoting excellence in local broadcast journalism through our "Golden Mike Awards®";
- Providing a collegial forum for discussion of relevant issues facing the broadcast news industry through our special events;
- Encouraging the development of excellent student journalists through our scholarship program;
- Providing a valuable work tool via our Website (www.rtna.org) that contains handy research links, job postings, and events listings.